The pE-300white is a compact light LED illumination unit. It provides a broad spectrum of illumination, covering the excitation bands of common fluorescent stains. Operation is by a remote manual control pod with instant on/off and intensity control from 0 – 100%. It allows adjustment of output in 1% steps, giving precise control. The broad spectrum covers everyday fluorophores: DAPI, cyan fluorescent protein (CFP), Aqua, fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC), tetramethylrhodamine (TRITC), texas red, Cy5 and many more.
It is now possible to view and image your samples brighter than before.
Convaleria taken with Photometrics Prime camera with 10ms exposure.
LED illumination means no mercury to dispose of and lower energy costs due to low power consumption and the precise control offered. The pE-300white can use all 3 channels at full power consuming under 60 Watts. This system comprises a pE-300white light source, control pod, and power supply. It can be specified with a microscope adaptor for direct fit configuration or with a 3mm diameter liquid light guide if there is a need to keep the source of illumination remote from the microscope. An optional pE-Universal collimator and microscope adaptor can be selected for use with a liquid light guide.
As a replacement to a metal halide source on a confocal microscope, the liquid light guide configuration is particularly suitable for pre-aligning samples before scanning commences. In this way, photo bleaching of the sample can be minimised when LED illumination is used.
An additional benefit of the pE-300white is that stains can be viewed either individually or in combination, without filter cube changes. This makes it ideal for use with multi-band filter sets as the screening process can be simplified when fewer filter cubes are used. Independent control of the three LED wavebands means that the user can control the level of excitation of each fluorescent stain independently on a multi-stained sample, potentially removing the need for single band filter sets altogether.
With an expected lifetime of over 25,000 hours and a comprehensive range of microscope adaptors, the pE-300white can be fitted to most current and older microscopes and operate for many years without aligning or replacing bulbs. The result is a safe, convenient illumination system without any additional operating costs.
There are two pE-300white configuration options:
- Direct-fit for connecting to microscopes – by selecting from a range of microscope adaptors which covers all current and most older models. A simple once-only adjustment will allow optimisation to the optical path of the microscope.
- Liquid light guide with a fixed 3mm diameter. An optional pE-Universal collimator can be specified in conjunction with a microscope adaptor if required. CoolLED now includes a light source stand for the pE-300white illumination systems ordered with a liquid light guide.
CoolLED’s pE-300 Series was the winner of the ‘Go Beyond Award’ in the ‘Products’ category for ‘Excellence in sustainability in laboratory and other high technology facilities’. The International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories (I2SL) runs a unique awards program honouring organisations, individuals, products, and projects that are advancing sustainable, high-performance facilities.
The pE-300 Series is now ACT Label certified
With almost 40% of energy at university campuses being used by laboratories, steps need to be taken to increase the sustainability of lab technology. That’s why CoolLED strived to achieve ACT Label accreditation for the pE-300 Series.
What is ACT?
Introduced by My Green Lab, the ACT Label stands for accountability, consistency, and transparency. It’s a means of measuring the environmental impact factor of a product by reviewing the environmental impact of the product itself, its manufacturing process, packaging, and disposal.
- Clean bright illumination across the spectrum – excites common fluorescent stains
- Specify for existing single and multi-band filter sets – no need to buy new filters
- Instant on/off – no shutters required, no warm up or cool down
- Simple to fit, simple to use – no alignment, a once only adjustment
- Stable & repeatable – reliable and consistent results
- Wide range of microscope adaptors – fits most microscopes
- Precise intensity control in 1% steps (0 – 100%) – no neutral density (ND) filters required
- Excellent uniformity over field of view – fixed and stable, no alignment necessary
- Long lifetime – expected to exceed 25,000 hours of operating time