We offer two distinct groups of tunable laser systems: External Cavity Diode Lasers (ECDLs) from 205-2450 nm and Quantum Cascade Lasers (QCLs) from 3-13 µm.
External Cavity Diode Lasers (ECDLs) are tunable as their laser cavity has a wavelength-selective element (e.g. a diffraction grating), which is rotated via a pivot point. They have narrow linewidth, long coherence length and precise wavelength selection and tuning. Some models have hop-free tuning, by simultaneously varying the grating angle with the cavity length. Standard ECDL tunable laser types are Littrow and Littman/Metcalf. Their double grating allows higher selectivity and better wavelength tunability, though output powers can be lower. Tuning can be manual or motorised, where fine tuning is done via a piezo-actuator with a resolution better than 1 MHz, and course tuning via a DC motor. Our ECDL tunable lasers are manufactured by Sacher Lasertechnik.
- Doing Raman? Try the Cougar and Lion series
- Need high power? Master Oscillator Power Amplifier (MOPA) systems are available
Tunable Mid-IR QCLs:
Quantum cascade lasers (QCLs) are a type of semiconductor laser using epitaxially-grown quantum wells that contain electrons in lasing states. Our Mid-IR QCL tunable lasers are produced by Daylight Solutions, and are based on their patented External Cavity Quantum Cascade Laser (ECqcL™) technology. These systems use a Littrow configuration.
- Choose from both pulsed and CW options
- Need a tunable laser system with >1 wavelength range? Try the multi-module MIRcat
- Need high spectral resolution &/or phase-continuous tuning? Try the mode hop free CW-MHF
- Looking for ultrahigh scan speed? We also offer the IRis-core system by IRSweep
Unsure which model is the best for your application? Contact our team with your wavelength range requirements. Custom systems are also possible.