Optical Thickness Gauge
- Measures hard and soft materials without damage of deformation
- Up to 31 layers can be measured simultaneously
- Highest accuracy of ± 0.1 μm
- Exceptional long-term measurement repeatability of ± 0.02 μm
- Continuous calibration with a built-in intrinsic standard of length
- Traceable to NIST standards
- Broad measurement range of 12 μm to 40 mm
- Display software provided to control measurement parameters and report thickness data
- APIs help with integration into a manufacturing process via USB or Ethernet
- Optional fully integrated optical switch allows for up to eight test stations with a single instrument
- Rugged design for manufacturing environments
- Includes 3 year warranty
A lower-priced alternative, the 137 series is also available.
Thickness measurement using the unique properties of light
The 157 Series Optical Thickness Gauge uses the unique properties of light to accurately measure thickness of a variety of materials.
To make a measurement, light is directed onto the material under test. Reflections from every surface and layer interface are collected and then analysed by an optical interferometer.
This very precise “optical ruler” measures the difference in length travelled by each reflection to determine total thickness and the thickness of each layer.
Accuracy, repeatability, and reliability guaranteed
The 157 Optical Thickness Gauge uses proven optical interferometer-based technology used in Bristol’s other products that can be found in research laboratories and manufacturing facilities around the world.
Thickness of transparent and semi-transparent materials can be measured to an accuracy of ± 0.1 μm, with a long-term repeatability of ± 0.02 μm.
Performance is guaranteed over long periods of time by continuously referencing the measurements to a built-in intrinsic standard of length. For even greater confidence, every 157 Optical Thickness Gauge is rigorously tested and certified with standards that are traceable to NIST.
Designed for convenience, built to last
The 157 Optical Thickness Gauge is ideal for production and quality assurance applications. Operation is straightforward, making it easy to get reliable thickness measurements every time.
Measurement data is calculated using an on-board digital signal processor, transferred to a PC or local area network via USB or Ethernet, and then displayed using a convenient graphical user interface.
Automatic reporting can be done using LabVIEW, .NET, or custom programming thereby eliminating the need for a dedicated PC.
The rugged design of the 157 Optical Thickness Gauge provides long-term reliable operation, backed by a three-year warranty on all parts and labor. This results in less downtime and low cost of ownership.