- 40 mm or 60 mm travel
- Passive, user adjustable magnetic counterbalance for payloads up to 55 N
- High repeatability (80 nm) and accuracy (1 µm), with 25 nm minimum incremental move
- Direct position measurement from 1 nm resolution linear encoder
- Non-contact ironless linear motor for high precision, high dynamic performance & reliability
- Built-in controller; daisy-chains with other Zaber Technologies products
- One digital input and two digital outputs
- Learn more: Magnetic Counterbalances for High Performance Vertical Stages
1. Control all units in the daisy-chain via serial port (with a locking X-SDC cable) or USB (with an X-USBDC cable).
2. Daisy-chain additional units with a locking X-DC02 cable or X-DC06 cable. Power can also be shared in the chain.
3. An indexed knob provides convenient manual control. Consistent steps down to 25 nm can be easily achieved with the knob.
4. A passive magnetic counterbalance compensates for payloads up to 55 N. The counterbalance force can be finely adjusted in seconds.
5. Servo tuning parameters can automatically be optimized for any payload mass with our free software. Parameters can be adjusted on the fly.
6. X-LDM-AEZ stages are designed for extreme reliability. Zero moving cables, combined with a non-contact drive and encoder result in an exceptionally robust system.
7. 1 nm resolution linear encoder is centrally mounted for optimal accuracy and repeatability.
8. Ultra-smooth crossed roller bearings provide long life and excellent pitch, roll, and yaw specifications.
9. Side mounted ironless linear motor provides excellent dynamic performance while improving repeatability by keeping heat away from the stage’s encoder scale.
10. One digital input and two digital outputs for interfacing with external systems.
Zaber Technologies’ X-LDM-AEZ Series devices are computer-controlled, motorized stages delivering the high precision, reliability, and speed of X-LDM-AE linear motor stages in a package for vertical applications. A passive magnetic counterbalance compensates for payloads up to 55 N, preventing unwanted motion during power loss. The counterbalance’s force can be finely adjusted in seconds with a single screw.
These stages are stand-alone units requiring only a standard 48 V power supply. They connect to the RS-232 port or USB port of any computer and can be daisy-chained with any other Zaber Technologies products. The daisy-chain also shares power, making it possible for multiple X-Series products to share a single power supply. Like all of Zaber Technologies’ products, the X-LDM-AEZ Series is designed to be ‘plug and play’ and very easy to set up and operate. X-LDM-AEZ devices also include a digital input and two digital outputs for interfacing with external systems. An event-driven trigger system allows devices to be programmed for stand-alone operation based on I/O, time, or movement stimuli.